As podium decks increase in size and use, the requirement of achieving efficient water management becomes more difficult.
The Permavoid podium deck system addresses a number of the technical challenges presented by the need for stormwater drainage on decks and roofs that are beyond the capabilities of traditional gravel and geocomposite layers.
Substantial environmental advantages:
- It is made from 100% recycled material, is 100% recyclable and can be re-used
- It can reduce your transport carbon footprint dramatically: typically, one delivery of Permavoid is equivalent to 21 deliveries of open graded aggregate in terms of water storage capacity
A more sustainable option
- Allowing harvested rainwater to be used for the irrigation of green areas or toilet flushing without the need for pumping
- Reducing dependence on air conditioning by taking advantage of the cooling properties of attenuated water
- Reducing run-off and flood risk
- Effectively treating pollutants from contaminated water run-off through the use of filtration, including Permafilter Geotextile and Permavoid Biomat