Project Supplied by: Tree Ground Solutions of Holland
Product: TreeBox High Performance
Client: Municipality Amsterdam (Centre)
Total Quantity: Phase 1, 95 x 9 m1 is total of 855 m2, Phase 2, 105 x 9 m1 is total of 945 m2
Number of Trees: 25
Construction Period: Phase 1, July 2010, Phase 2, April 2011
- High traffic intensity
- High ground water level
- Poor growth development of current trees; no prestigious street appearance
- Bad soil conditions
- Diagonal tree pits at surface
- Use of the strong and tested concrete Treebox HP construction, which can handle high traffic loads.
- A lower model of the concrete crosses is developed and used to stay above the high ground water level.
- A layer of drainage sand is applied to function as an extra barrier between the ground water and the nutrient tree soil.
- High nutrient soil is processed in the construction, that provides an healthy growth environment for the trees.
- Through the concrete slabs on top of the construction, this soil will stay non-compacted.
- Permavoid® units are used as a permeable wall construction. This will create an “open” barrier that lets water an oxygen into the construction for an optimal natural environment.
- The cutout for the tree pits are diagonal divided over two concrete slabs to create the desired surface design.